PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 17:09
HeliCraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, my two penneth worth - only as SLF when it comes to jets - is that I think people will soon start to grow tired of Ryanair / MOL's attitude and approach to customers/employees/suppliers.

Their initial advertised fares must surely only serve the purpose of putting you in "my life thats cheap" mindset. Recently booked 2 tickets from EMA to DUB (return). £0.01 for each sector, so £0.04 for tickets. £30 tax each way. Then you add on the £10 for an infant (yes, 1000x more for an infant - but you can't book a seat for him!), £6 for a bag, £6 check in (we both have to check in because 1 has lugguage), £6 for infant equipment EACH WAY... and you end up at best part of £130 for the tickets. But you still think its cheap!!

But you try and cancel it (no I haven't but I know this is what happens)... no tax refund because their admin charge will equal the tax. Their customer service is widely regarded as nil. They are just plain argumentitive with any authority about anything (Advertising Standards Agency, just last week, told to go forth by them!).

They are just not as LoCo as people believe (yes they are marginally cheaper than some traditional airlines) - they want you to believe it, it suits their ends. Failing that, they will go on the offensive - very publicly.

People will eventually tire of their continual tirades and sneaky attempts to get a few extra quid out of you (I'd rather have an upfront honest price). But when they do, Ryanair will not go wrong; they will just have to adapt, thats all - but I think a change in management will be needed first.

So, you can count me firmly in the "its all spin, spin, spin" camp.