PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Human Performace Exam - Help!
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 13:44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
187 - I know it's easier said than done, but I wouldn't worry about the exam at all. I did mine a few months ago and I was surprised at how easy it was. I was also very surprised at how general a lot of the questions were.

I don't think you will be able to find a copy of the old papers as I imagine they are very well guarded and PPL exams papers that you sit will probably be 2 or 3 years old anyway.

Whirls is obviously right, you do need to cover all the material in the book, but I wouldn't get hung up about thinking you need to know 100% of the detail on 100% of the subjects. You will find that as you go through, some subjects will stand out as being more than others.

Although I am hazy on the content of my exam, I can remember a few of the specific questions/areas:

o Symptoms/Recognition of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
o Symptoms/Recognition of hypoxia.
o Given a diagram of the 'basic T' instrument pattern and asked to identify the missing instrument.
o Spatial Disorientation - sensations under acceleration, deceleration etc.
o Visual Illusions - up sloping, down sloping, wide, narrow runway perspectives i.e if coming into land on a narrow, up sloping runway, are you likely to overshoot, undershoot etc.
o I think 'Stress' was in there too? The ranked list of 'life events'?

The PPL Confusor would be a very worthwhile investment and a combination of that and the questions in your study books will see you through no problem.

Good luck!