PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 13:16
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't read this thread for a while - good to read some lively comments!

Pee - Yes I understand your Finnish frustrations but it is a well known fact that FR will only fly from airports where a deal can be brokered that totally suits FR....if the price ain't right theres no way they will fly whatever the unserved market potential. Surely FR must have at least looked at Finland if it is that badly served by flights??

Aerospace - agreed FR are in for a tough time, aggressive expansion is now being subjected to higher than ever oil costs and the real possibility of a UK recession. First thing to go in the annual family budget well it aint gonna be the mortgage now is it more likely the mini break with FR to some Euro-unknownville...........but linked to my comments above all the 'crap' bases you mentioned have no doubt pretty much let in FR for free or at least hugely reduced fees for at least a few years in order to get flights to destinations no other airline would touch with a bargepole - so thats why they are flying from BOH etc. Having turned in a profit I still think they have the coffers to survive for a lot longer yet. But whether they continue to fly routes from nowhere to nowhere thats another story....