PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ross Kemp in Afghanistan
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 10:53
fawkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil R - Spot on. In an earlier fracas we always knew that seeing Kate Adie was a sure sign that the doodah was about to hit the fan. What we didn't have was the empirical evidence or the control sample to prove that she was actually the cause...

As to emotion, it was Donne who wrote "no man is an island: every man's death diminishes me". I can assue you that the wider "family" of defence including "REMFs"* civil serpents and contractors from the defence industry dwell a pause at the news of the loss of a British Serviceman or woman.

Anyone who doesn't is frankly not fit the breathe the free air that is bought at such high a cost.

Full marks to alcon.

UK Armed forces: ordinary people doing extraordinary things against exceptional odds.

(*- "REMF" is like "N*gg*r": the simple use of the word indicates a mindlessness which is probably beyond cure. For a proper understanding of the relationship between front line and support, cf F1. Lewis Hamilton impresses the socks off me not by driving quickly, or being successful at a young age, but by acknowledging that his sport is a team effort. A bit like warfare...)

Edited for rubbish typign