PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA712 BOAC B707 Crash Heathrow 1968
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 08:05
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
sylion
i didnt know the fwd fuselage of 'we' was used later on a TWA a/c which then was the dawsons field a/c...
'we' was built for eagle but i cant remember if both her and 'wd' appeared in eagle colours, very interesting, thanks

I was with my mum and dad seeing off my sister on a british eagle 1-11 to venice and we saw the 707 just after landing on rwy 05 which was a very odd runway on the day (we realised later it had returned quickly to 05 after a few mins flt)

it was ghastly and i was 11

unbelievably but in the same year its true I was going on holiday with my mum and dad on british eagle to spain and we were also at LHR when BKS ambassador crashed into the new britannic/terminal one building at LHR slicing off the tails of some tridents,
we were in the terminal 2 (called the europa building then) we didnt see it,
only saw the tridents in bits...

the previous year in 1967 the same weekend we were flying in june on british eagle to rimini (everyone went on holiday on them!) a BMA argonaut crashed at stockport and the evening before an airferry dc4 crashed in france,
erm if i said my mum was very nervous flyer after then would be an understatement!

i joined BMA 77-85 at LHR

Last edited by rog747; 4th Feb 2008 at 08:14. Reason: add