PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 down in Windhoek
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 06:31
vrystaat!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just another "gedagte"

The pilot who was PIC was better know in Namibia as "Leeu" and was a damn good pilot as I'v know because I'v been flying with him for some years..YES the runway was to short and YES it was way to hot and YES he was very heavy...but I want to bring anonther point up..being afterward as the crashsite, something also strike me that another pilot told me..The tree that the horizontal-stabelizer got stuck in were not big at-all infact the A/C hit the ground FULL power and with that speed there's no way that stabelizer could get broken off and stuck in that smal tree...I CAN AND HOPE IM WRONG but what if with the big wind down drafts something broke off or nearly(stabelizer) BEFORE the crash. Leaving the pilot helpless...

As I could see at the site the A/C first slighty nicked a lampost and then the ground BUT the angle form the lamppost to the ground was STEEP...so he nose-dived down..anybody would have pulled up and try to keep the nose from the ground...exept if it was imposible...

I AM NO ACCIDENT EXPERT AND DONT KNOW ALL THE FACTS..

My point is that some A/C are not in good condition and by having over 1000hours on C210 in Nambia I know the miss-use and pulling G's are done almost every day...what if were busy setting a timebom for the next pilot...

what if in the next wing-over or hi G turn something breaks...
its not a joke anymore...

JUST A "GEDAGTE" FOR THE DAY...

Leeu was one kickass pilot!!!