PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Federation involvement at Jetstar and one pilot union
Old 4th Feb 2008, 06:01
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see some of the usual suspects vent their spleens. To answer those who might actually be thinking collectively as one pilot body lets deal with some of the points.

The Federation does nothing for GA T&C’s well then I will advise our staff who have been active in some of the following that have been doing nothing:
Jetcraft/ Alliance/ O’Connors/ Aero Rescue/ Network/ Skippers/ Cape York Air/ Civil Flying School/ Jayrow/ CHC Heli/ Bristow/ RFDS (all sections)/ Pearl Aviation/ M**Air/ Mangalore Chinese Flying/ Bush Flight/ Helicopters Aust/ Australian Helicopters/ Direct Air/ Police Air Wing WA/ BAe Tamworth just to name a few.

Also look at the cases we have run on Bond issues and you will see the majority relate to GA/ Regional airlines. We do always talk to our branch reps about meetings and I suggest any member who wishes a meeting at their port or company only needs to contact one of the industrial staff to arrange.

Yes we would love to able to visit many more off the cuff around the country but it comes down to the dollar.

Turbo tool yes we have been approached by QF pilots to join but have encouraged them to work through the issues at AIPA. It also does nothing to advance the position of joining the groups by encouraging poaching but in the end if that is the way we have to go then so be it.

And despite ‘rumours of our demise’ by some here in the low point of the nineties we hit around 1200 members we are now just under 2500 so we are obviously disappearing as an organisation. Ah that’s right wishful thinking on your part perhaps.

As for NJS I said that if thought an immediate change would deliver the union collective agreement (you promised that one Peter not me) then you were dreaming. Yes there is an employee collective agreement but not the big bold TWU you touted so hard for.

As for Max you need to do a little more homework yet on AusALPA this body was created out of threat by AIPA in Cairo at the IFALPA conference to which we regularly encouraged AIPA to attend and as usual tried to take over and remove AFAP as a founding member organisation.

But more importantly you seem to know so much about the grand plan pity AIPA still will not have all professional pilots in one body. Ask the question I have time and time again with no positive response.

To the ex Kendells CRJ I suggest you relook at the facts we did not walk away read the s 127 decision and collective view at the time. If you still do not understand it I am always available to go through the files and transcripts to show you the full process.

We operate within our rules and carry out the direction from pilot leaders and by the way Apache pilots do set my salary and conditions.

Again it is up to pilots to make this work but I dare say reviewing the responses to date here it would appear to be a lost cause if we continue to fight amongst ourselves.

Lawrie Cox
Manager – Industrial Relations AFAP