PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 22:28
Spaghetti Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me as if there is a culture in the military not to ask advice and not to copy the best. It appears that soon there is to be about $1 billion written off on the Super Seasprite helicopter contract. Where does that money come from? Does it end up coming out of the superannuation of the military employees, or is it just refunded by Government from the taxpayer?

Is there any accountability? Who was the Chief of Air Force at the time of this order? I have no idea who it was. Does this person have any accountability, or does the military operate in a way where they would say, “Oh, he wouldn’t have known the full details of the contract, so he has no responsibility at all”?
Dick, I think you'll find that the Super Seasprite is a naval helicopter, and was ordered by the Navy to be operated by the Navy. The Air Force doesn't actually operate any helicopters at all. Therefore the CAF of the time probably doesn't have any accountability for the project. Perhaps his identity is not the only thing you 'really have no idea' about?

Just a minor point.