PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Federation involvement at Jetstar and one pilot union
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 21:22
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised that Mr Cox has been so quiet, however what doesn't really surprise me is the lack of even a murmur from the challenge I threw to the AIPA in my previous post on the subject last week.

I guess that sets the scene and is a very strong indicator/marker for the direction of which the wages, terms and conditions will continue to spiral in the forseeable future. The AFAP seems somewhat without teeth/spine and the AIPA/QF group representatives cannot see the wood for the trees nor give a rats about the rest of the industry now that they have their "cushy job/s".

Take a long hard look at yourselves AFAP/AIPA. Your egos are the reason employers are getting away with this crap, because of your splinter group/I'm-alright-thanks-Jack mentality that allows it to run unabated. You've allowed the industry to bend itself over and shaft itself with your apparent inaction. Your bleating now falls on the deaf ears of the many now more attuned to your continued irrelevance. No wonder the TWU is attracting membership from within your ranks and you keep doing nothing.

There are second and third level airline pilot groups that have asked for your help when presented with CA's and it hasn't been forthcoming, apart from "take-it, that's the best you'll get" when what is offered is less than what they were getting now in a period of massive growth.

Australian Aviation is bleeding profusely, you just keep coming up with band-aids as solutions. Lawrie, don't take this post personally - you know who I am if you want to talk about it.

Regards,

OpsN.

Last edited by OpsNormal; 3rd Feb 2008 at 21:54. Reason: content