PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 14:22
john1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contracts

Well done for getting a perminant contract! I am pleased you got one as you are always posting positive and useful information on the various cabin crew websites... You deserve it, as you take the time to respond to various posts and always come across as freindly etc.

I met a few crew from BHX and they were very upset that they had not been extended in the first place (like you) and then not given a perminant contract. They said that they were told by the trainers that at the end of their contract in Oct they would be made perminant, if not at BHX, then at another base where they could re-locate. They also said that they were even told to write to Luton with their preferred base!!!!

You said that it was a temp contract you were first given. Of course you are right and if the trainers (managers, other crew etc) had kept saying to people that it was a temp contract, than last years new entries wouldn't be so upset. Trainers and various CCO's gave incorrect and misleading information with regards to crew being taken on perminatly at Monarch and this is not fair. Regardless of what had happened in previous years.

New Entries starting in Man and BHX (and other bases I guess), have been told exactly the same thing... Other companies that take on temp crew ie First Choice, Thompson, do not mis-lead new entries and make it clear that they are temp contracts.

Because of the mis-leading info etc, people find them-selves unemployed at the end of their temp contracts and had not planned on this happening.

I think the day's of perm contracts at certain bases at Monarch are over. Well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!