PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 05:24
vans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ozbiggles

It would appear that
the broad/general and inaccurate statements made on people in the defence force
have got up your nose and this is a good reason why the military should ignore a potential safety issue. They (the military) are big boys, and I’m sure they can handle anything Dick Smith can throw at them without sulking and withdrawing co-operation.

Gundog01

Circuit training, PFL training, RTB from western airspace, large formations operating at Salf Ash Air Weapons Range. Any of these activities could hold up a VFR civvy over head Willy just as much as IFR separation standards. They dont happen at the same time each day. You can't help bad timing when you transit, conflictions will occur, and ATC separate by the rules
No-one is suggesting that there wont be any holding or separation required in any alternative VFR route that goes through the WML area, but why as there such resistance to even looking at any alternatives? It’s as if people think that holding over unsafe areas should remain because that’s what we’ve always done.

Changing the dimensions of airspace is one thing, but changing legislation is another thing
I wasn’t talking about changing dimensions, I was talking about implementing the restricted areas in the first place. I don’t think it was an ASA idea to put all that restricted airspace there, they merely approved and promulgated it after the fact.

why would home owners want these lighties that are about to fall out of the sky flying over their homes?????
My point exactly………lets look for an alternative.

I dont disagree that we should always look for better procedures, but we need a well thought out idea that not only satisifies the military and civvy circles, but is safe and most of all practical
Again, my point……..why can’t we get some co-operation to do this? I believe that’s what DS is asking for.

ForkedTailedDrKiller ………great idea – why aren’t you an AVM in the military, we need men of your potential.