PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2008, 00:06
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Vans, you are spot on with your post. Of course there will now be posts claiming it is a CASA decision!
It requires goodwill from both organisations and an understanding that holding aircraft should be a last resort procedure after all others have been reviewed.

Gundog01 I generally admire all of the people in the military-thats one of the reasons I spent an arduous week about a year ago visiting our forces in the middle east.

I have obviously failed at communicating to those in decision making positions the importance of introducing the most efficient ATC procedures and airspace. Yes ,they have told me they intend to do this however I imagine other more important things get in the way.
It appears to me that there is not a lot of training on the importance of reducing waste and minimising cost.
I have always been obsessed with asking advice and then making the tough decision ,to the best of my abilities,as to which is the correct advice,and then acting on this.
Some of those I have met in the military have told me they are simply not interested in how other countries operate their airspace-they are totally happy with the way we do it here!
If there are others who have constructive ideas I how I can achieve success on this dificult issue I will welcome all advice.