PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help tasse UK per non residenti..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 23:24
GAMABIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uk taxes

Hi LRPILOT,
The tax rules in the uk are quite complicated but in general you do not have to pay tax in the uk if you are in the uk a max of 90 days per year.
If you are working for a uk company as an employee, not self employed ,then you will be taxed at source,i.e you will be under a system called paye (pay as you earn).
If you are self employed then you will have to do your own accounts or get an accountant to do this for you.You must agree this with the tax people first though.
A lot of companies will generally not pay you as self employed as there have been cases in the past where the company has had to pay the taxes of the self employed person because he/she has not paid it.
Look at paying about 20% of your money to the tax people.(inland revenue )as they are called.Some pilots who work outside of the Uk but have their wife & children living there have tried to claim non residence but have picked up big fines even though they do not work in the uk.
I would advise you speak to an accountant as everyones situation is different.I can recommend a good one that understands what we do.p,m me if you want.