PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 19:02
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fascinating posts

Great posts over the last few days (ils32, a320fan, skyman, amongst others)- sorry i was too busy to get involved. Firstly to the person who says we should not get like football fans over our respective airports - why not? - it is called passion. Look what liverpool was doing a few years ago - nothing. I've watched friendships and 748s not too long ago at yeadon and every passenger we stop crossing the 'boarder' nowadays makes me chuffed. Support Yorkshire and its airport and be rightfully proud. As for jet2 they are always top notch when i fly with them and i will always encourage people to fly with them - even if their fairs are a tiny bit more than toms unrealistic (we are struggling fairs)[100 uk shops to close]. 36 destinations from leeds. Their website is even better than any other airline after just a few years. The bottom line is that they are top of the league and should be whole heartedly supported. The destination list will hit 40 then 50 within the next few years.

I too am torn as to whether to allow another low cost at the airport. Look at some of the destinations that are served from the new bristol base. I really think ryanair can be successful and yet not impact too much on jet2s LBA growth. It is better not to have all your eggs in one basket - even though each basket is very safe.

Regards,

Leeds App.