PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa Cpl(h)
Thread: Faa Cpl(h)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 16:21
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either way its going to cost you money. How much depends on how and where you do it. FAA license is still good in a lot of places. I get mine validated in SA and although it is said that will NOW be a one time shot, things have not changed so far. Work that Donkey till he dies.
I did have to do the SA Air Law, what a fun experience and as I said, I thought it so much fun, I did it twice.
If you decide to do your FAA in the states, there are plenty of Schools that can help you, but they also will help you part from your money. I recommend you do a lot or all of the book work on your own. That includes the written exams. You can even do them in SA or the UK. Much cheaper in the states. Free if done at a FSDO. Testing spots can be found on www.faa.gov
When it comes to the face to face with an Instructor, and your having the bookwork out of the way, your ready to do the ground portion at a faster pace and also the flying portion with less homework at night.
Lastly the best way to save money on the flying end is Imerse yourself in the program. Take a period of time and "git er done". If you stretch things out its similar to two steps forward and one to the rear.
Other hoops you will have to crawl through in the states consist of Permission from immigration https://www.flightschoolcandidates.g...e=c&section=WN and TSA. www.tsa.gov
If I can be of any help, give me an email.