PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Since when has Ryanair been "Europe's Largest Airline" -PPrune Advertising Banner
Old 16th Feb 2002, 00:25
flypastpastfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to above post re:slow brains.

Share prices ARE subjective, and are determined in any free market by anticipated growth/current growth/how much you like company/is it worth a gamble/ etc..etc... I could go on. Some people may even buy shares in a particular company because they like the stationery. Daft, but true.

So, Whilst the current market capitalisation is a fact (which I don't deny), that value is based on the perception of all participating players in the given market. By its nature, IT IS A VERY SUBJECTIVE VALUATION. Ask two stockbrokers and they often give differing assessments for the same business.

As I have said before, it does not mean the business will be profitable or even exist a year from now. ( I should point out this is not a desire for ryanair or any airline to go under, just a fact).

. .To try to claim that Ryanair is Europe's biggest airline, is like trying to claim that BA is the world's favourite airline.