PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch
Thread: Monarch
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 13:48
john1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch Contracts?

Have you been offered temporary contracts or perminant ones? Were you told that at the end of your temporart contract you would be made perminant or able to re-locate to another Monarch base? Last year there were a couple of people from the Scottish base who were given a perminant contract at Manchester and relocated there in Oct (they got this after working 6 months on a temporary contract, they were NOT re-entries). Other than that I do not know of anyone who was able to re-locate after being on a temporary contract.

At Gawick there were no re-entry course last year, there were only 2 courses (about 20 or so on each) and out of about 40 crew, 30 were 'offered' rentry... rumour is Gatwick is over-crewed (by 100) and that is why many don't think there will be re-entry this year. There were NO permainant contracts given at Gatwick last year. In previous years cabin crew were given a perminant contract at the end of their temporary one.

At Birmingham last year there were about 100 new crew. Only 13 were given perminant contracts, all were offered re-entry, however it looks as if there are 2 new entry courses in March already, judging by what has been written on here! Also their contract finished in Oct and they were told that if there was re-entry this year, than this would not be until May. Rumor is, is that there are no re-entry coursse until May at any base (if there are many re-entry courses in the first place)?

At Luton there were 2 courses last year and again at the end of Oct there was no contract, but re-enty offered.

This is all what I have heard from people on here, at Monarch and on various Cabin Crew sites.

I am just interested in anyone else thoughts?