PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Exchange Rate Protection Values Halved- New Joiners Be Warned
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 13:45
Fork Handles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seamen et al,
Maybe you can cast your opinion on my dilemma.
I have been offered DEC at EK. (no Im not a wannabe , previous widebody flying).I went to the interview purley as it coincided with days off and I was curious. I am aware of the unpopular element of this policy.Another arguement

I have also been offered a charter wideboby (command and trg) in UK.

Now charter can be dodgy , in terms of take overs fluctuating market etc.
Dubai can be a marmite place, but the job is steady.I am not a new boy to expat life.

Last month whilst on a short haul fleet sojourn , I made more money after tax than an fd07 at ek without tax. (6 Flights from 3 to 12 hrs)I will make more back on the long haul (approx 5 to 10 flights usa/carib bullets and lays) I dont get a hse or lift to work and i use NHS dentists, i get 3 months paid sick pa but essentially the contact is the same,with a less diverse route stucture obviously with no staff tvl worth mentioning.

Is it so bad at ek/dubai now that the move would be silly or is it a minority of moaners in a world where very few companies can offer security of tenure.(my biggest issue) and diverse flying (id like)
The same issues do seem to surface on each thread.
Uk doesnt appeal to me anymore but is DUbai the way out??
Any reasonable opionions welcome.
I apologise for thread creep but this thread seemed to have reasoned debate as oppossed to the usual ek vitriol witnessed on here
Cheers
Fork