PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 2nd Feb 2008, 09:15
Gottabefun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'New' recruitment process is as follows:

Laid out as 2 half days (took somewhat longer due to a lot of waiting time).
Showed up on day 1 at around noon. 8 guys with different backgrounds. Were divided into two groups. Group 1 went for the interview and sim-ride, group 2 for the group excercise and computer testing.

Interview: About 30 minutes, 3 guys in the panel. Usual Q's like 'why NJ?', 'You know you are going to take a severe paycut!!!!?'. They gave a couple of scenarious and asked: What would you do in this case?
Tech: what is Coffins Corner and Mach Tuck. Decode a (russian) METAR. They had a whiteboard with some drawings (eg. hold-entry, missed approach during circling, cross/tailwind) and asked some Q's in that.

Sim-ride: Everybody had a different scenario. First you get a normal landing pattern to get a feel for the airplane. Then you fly a SID up to cruise (all raw data!), get a malfunction of some kind. Deal with it, return, divert or continue. I asked for radar vectors to an ILS and got it. Landed on the ILS and that was it. Use your airlines calls and procedures.

Group excercise: 4 guys, and you get a scenario (eg. you are in Russia, toilet is broken and catering has gone bad. PAX (royals) just arrived. What are you going to do? You get 30 mins to make a plan, and then you have to present it to the board.

Computer tests: Takes about 4 hours (yes, 4 hours.......):
various tests like: Math test, verbal reasoning test, English comprehension test (I think that is what it's called), 30 multiple choice tech Q's, Stick and rudder test, the 250 Q's psycho test, the test where you see three instruments and have to figure out what airplane is the correct one, A memory test on tape where they give you a FL heading and frequency and then you have to type it in.
Might be more tests, but my pea-size brain was fried after that part

All in all I got a very good impression of the company. They arranged lunch, hotel (Hilton) and even transportation to and from the hotel. Good atmosphere through all the tests and a good laugh in the sim.