PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young pilot schemes
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 18:59
nbhangde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

hi Guys... im 17 and currently on atpl groundschool and have a sponsorship interview on tuesday with Atlantic Airlines... I was also like you guys.. i did some research and started Atlantic Flight training to do my ppl... and now half way through my first term in ATPL GS...There's loads of work involved and its not easy but then what is easy nower days... if you want some thing you gotter work for it... I saw some one say OAT... its good but they charge extorsionate prices.... so do cabbair... theres many ways in.. ie sponsorships etc... the best place to start is Your ppl.... We had A guy from flybe come and see us and he was saying that airlines dont like it if you have been to more than 2 fto's so.. jujst think hard before you take the plunge.. if funding is an issue have a look at sponsorship schemes...there are a few more airlines like atlantic that operate schemes like this.. A few are:
Highland Airways...
Classic flight...
RvL recon
Atlantic Airlines... etc etc .. most ask for a commitment of a min of 5 years after completion of training... all require a ppl and class 1 medical and driving licence... hope this is of use...