PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Questions
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 12:56
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyflyer737,

"to put you in a position to carry out the performance of your duties"

An interesting comment but my account is satisfied that I could perfom my duties as a pilot no problem on a Seneca doing air taxi work or as a skydive pilot and by adding the 737 rating, build up my business and allow me to get more customers ie Brookfield/Ryanair. He put along the lines of an accountant wanting to give advice about pensions or investments. Although he has the basic qualification to practice he needs to complete a course to allow him to legally advise, all of which can be offset.

He did state that this is only possible on the Brookfield contract and not the Ryanair training contract so you do need to wait until then.

Only time will tell if this will actually happen but it has been done before by other contractors so fingers crossed eh!

Oh and the wait for base check is now about 3 weeks as thats what stage I'm at, however there are still some guys waiting from the 2nd of Jan to get done! Why they cant let us take an aircraft to the south of France where the weather is nice like any other airline does is beyond me! Instead we wait around for the weather in the UK to give a crosswind component less than 15kts in Jan/Feb!