PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar roadshow in Jan `08?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 06:55
Go Right Ahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xenephobe

Trubru and Gautengflyboy, thats a bit rich coming from you guys. Trubru, the word Abo is shortened for Aboriginals, what is "Kaffa" short for. Although not PC, many people refer to the Aboriginals or Indigenous Australians as Abo's. I have Aboriginal friends who introduce themselves as Abo's(yes i know its not a nice word and i would never introduce them as such). I had the opportunity to have some drinks and Braai's with a few SA guys i know and once the liquor is flowing their true characters came out, i was so embarassed to see people still think like that in these day and age. After a couple of these get togethers, i figured these guys are not going to change hence i broke off all contact with them.
G/flyboy, you mention about intregration and we should be proud Saffa's want to be part of Oz and making similarities between us. Mate, my experience and many guys I speak with on the flightdeck including those who went to Africa to build hours think you are a bunch of racists. It's only recently that you can see a black walking together hands in hands with a white in SA, even that's gets a look by many of you Saffa's. All im saying is there might be a few Bigots in Oz, however there are only a few non-bigots in the Saffa crowd.
How can you make comparisons, the spirit of us Aussies to "Give 'em a fair go", hence why you see many immigrants succeeding eg the Mayor of Melbourne been an Asian gentleman. History shows prior to Robben island opening its doors, all the top jobs went to the Boets or Boerer(forgive the spelling), a qualified coulored person could not even dream of such a job. Those that did get a job you could count on one hand and this is slightly over 10yrs ago.
Anyway back to the post.......

GRA