PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cri Article In Aopa Mag
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 06:51
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The author also states that credit is giving for the airborne training on the CRI course (I know the teach & learning ground bit is credited) towards an FI course – I can’t find any reference towards this in LASORS etc..? Would be very interested if this was the case as just about to start my FI(R) this year!!
Hi blagger,

Well, I did the CRI course, then the FIC. The only credit I was allowed was the 25 hours teaching & learning bit. I even had to do the pre-course flight check, which annoyed us because I'd passed the CRI test (which was almost the same as the full FI test, actually) only 8 months beforehand. Apparently it might have counted if it had been within the 6 months, but I felt that the awfully nice chap down at Gatwick displayed a little inflexibility here. Did you get the CRI by doing the course or by grandfather PFA/LAA rights? In reality, I'm sure we spent more time doing groundschool than the time required anyway, filling in time waiting for the weather. I supose at least by doing the pre-course assessment flight, the full hours flying and groundschool the application was squeaky-clean with no come-backs later. Ho hum.

I never got as far as the renewal stage 'cos I decided to do the whole FI thing before I needed to but my interpretation is that you just need the 10 hours in the 12 months preceding.

Anyhow, good on you for going the 'whole hog' and the FIC.

Cheers,

TheOddOne