PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2008, 03:34
WELLCONCERNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry Richard....I thought I heard you just say that you've had no influence on Airservices throogh the last 16 years.....I'm quite shocked that you are so naive as to believe that anyone would take that seriously.

You have been touting an airspace reform package for years - and have cajoled Minister after Minister to exert pressure on the Boards of both CASA and Airservices to implement your reform packages to the exclusion of all other changes.

I have no opinion [in this thread] one way or another on the merits or otherwise of the reforms you sought. What I am saying is that Airservices had a specific agenda for the implementation of TAATS - a very carefully laid out plan, with bow-wave of controllers, planned redundancies, planned system improvements, locked in software packages - and then along comes Airspace 2000, RAS, RIS, Class G Demo, NAS, and all the other 'in the way' programs that completely derailed the TAAATS plans, pissed of controllers, and vexed management.

Yes, it's Airservices' management's fault that they're in the current predicament with staff shortages - but do take some credit for being the interfering b*^tard that you are!! and take some credit for the impending accident that will eventually come because of the depressingly low morale amongst controllers, due in no small part to your need to stroke your own ego!

Read the safety analysis of the Platform Alpha accident. Read the safety analysis of the victorian gas explosion. Read them, and be aware that any accident arising from current controller disenchantment and fatigue will inexorably track back to you! Be afraid, Dick - be VERY afraid!!