PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cri Article In Aopa Mag
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 19:19
blagger

Cri Article In Aopa Mag

I am after a bit of advice if possible please. I am wondering about a few statements in the article on the CRI in the AOPA mag General Aviation this month (I am a current and active CRI with SEP and TMG ratings). The author says that a CRI can teach the AOPA Radio Nav course – is this true? Is there any specific requirements for the CRI licence holder, or just anyone with a CRI at all? I would also be grateful if anyone had a soft copy of the AOPA Radio Nav course syllabus at all as well, as I would be interested in teaching it at my current club.

The author also states that credit is giving for the airborne training on the CRI course (I know the teach & learning ground bit is credited) towards an FI course – I can’t find any reference towards this in LASORS etc..? Would be very interested if this was the case as just about to start my FI(R) this year!!

I also think he is a bit off with the revalidation requirements – I have always revalidated mine by satisfying the 10hrs in last 12 months instructional requirement, and have never done a flight test or seminar. Hope this is still the case until I get my FI(R)!