PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Operations Jobs?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 18:03
markwheety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been offered a job with Gama recently but turned it down due to change in circumstances and relocating to the area. Have been in the Biz Jet / Corporate Market for over 2 years now, I would say GAMA and TAG do have a very good reputation. TAG pays extremely well and GAMA also does although from what I can tell this is dependant on experience.

In terms of GAMA...

I was impressed at the interview, even more so that they dont have HR as such and thus all promotions, pay rewards are based on merit (and sweat) and there is room to move up the ladder if that is what you want. I was not impressed so much with the shifts but I am basing my opinion on what was in placed 3 months ago and it might have changed since then...

It is a good company that is growing FAST and over a course of a few weeks have seen many pilots and cabin from my previous company go over the hill to GAMA to fly the aircraft.

However, dont be fooled it is a company that you need to work very hard for and overtime is not paid (as far as I am aware from what I was told) but like many if not all companies in the Bizjet industry you are required to help out when needed without hesitation.

Have a few pilot mates who work for TAG also and they have commented on the good treatment of the OPS Bodies and how they almost get the same terms and conditions as the pilots... Now that I would like to see!!!!

W.