PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF SOs now operating as Flight Attendants
Old 31st Jan 2008, 17:16
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the reply of the emperor..

Thank you to those members who have brought to my attention concerns that the cabin crew complement may be varied due to unplanned exceptional circumstances to include pilots. Since being made aware of the situation I have spoken to the Chief Pilot and the FAAA Divisional Secretary and I am assured that the FSO was only written because the decision to utilise the third flight crew member to cover the absence of a flight attendant occurred without the necessary approval. There is no desire to make this a common practice.

Nevertheless, prima facie neither AIPA nor the FAAA International Division have any unresolvable difficulty with S/Os being used to meet minimum cabin crew numbers in unforeseen and/or unusual exceptional circumstances - provided the required approvals and agreements are in place. I have written to all concerned to discuss, and if thought fit, will ultimately agree the necessary Memorandum of Agreement. However, until you are formally advised by AIPA that all is in order, I strongly recommend that no member make up the shortfall in the number of cabin crew required without first obtaining the consent of both Qantas and AIPA.

I suspect this guy is busy playing the same fiddle as Dixon whilst the empire burns.
As I understand it NO consultation took place with the COM..
He is PRIMA FACIE behaving like a PRIMA DONA.

And for the record am not a member of the Com..