PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2008, 08:18
Gundog01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is the military’s job to comment when their actions are causing unnecessary risk. Why couldn’t they say that they are concerned about the unnecessary risk created for Australian families, and they are working with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority to update the regulations so the risk can be reduced?
Perhaps you missed the point on that one Dick. What i was trying to suggest is that maybe the Military dosent see the 'risk' (however tiny) that you are trying to push. 2-3 minutes over water in a single isn't great but your damn unlucky if the donk goes in that time.

If the changes are not made I have no doubt that people will be lost (probably a young family) after their aircraft ditches in a rough ocean after being needlessly held by a military air traffic controller.
Again with the military bashing Dick. The controller was simply following standard procedures. A civilian ATC would have to follow the same separation standards, so why single out the fact that, in this case, they are military. If you are arguing for a total system overhaul you need to think bigger than the circumstances at one particular aerodrome.

Also, if dad or mum is flying the family around in a lightie i would hope they would be confident and assertive enough to mention to ATC when a potentially dangerous situation occurs. Airnmanship anyone......

GD01