PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2008, 12:00
smile high

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been at bmi for many years and still really enjoy my job!! The crew are amazing and prob the reason most of us stay so long!! ok we all have our niggles and yes there are frequent roster changes which can be a pain but their are union agreements in place to try to limit these...but at the end of the day we all get roster changes very regularly.
The introduction of the old bmed routes means that their are many more nightstops available for everyone....which also helps with the flight pay and crew morale!!
With regards to the 330, Flight supervisors are being trained on the fleet slowly but surely without any interview or assesments required-the idea being that eventually everyone will be mixed fleet but due to the bmed takeover the 330 courses have slowed over the winter but are now due to commence again. non flight supervisor positions have not been available for a couple of years...but who knows what will happen....watch this space!
Generally speaking i think the next couple of years are going to be an exciting time at bmi...well at least i hope so!! I am sure that there are a few crew that will disagree with my opinions...but thats the same in any job...all i can say is that i am still very happy and have great fun and i am sure that all our crew will make any new starters very very welcome!