PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA30 Twin Comm, Aztec or Seneca I?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2008, 11:14
Contacttower
Fly Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but presumably the Vmca figure is amended nevertheless?
...On closer inspection the AFM lists under amendments:

Revised minimum single engined control speed and take off safety speed, dated 7/7/64.

An identical amendment entry is also listed further down the page dated 12/12/69. The 1964 entry only amended the take off safety speed (to 97mph as written in the second paragraph of the take off technique section) but the 1969 amendment also changed all the take off distance graphs. There isn't actually any mention of Vmca in the AFM as such, it mearly lists the 'recommended single engine maneuvering speed' of 97mph (despite the words 'minimum single engined control speed' appearing in the amendments page it doesn't reappear anywhere else in the AFM which is a bit odd I thought) which I take to be different from Vmca which I know to be 90mph.

What I had been expecting to find was a big added page which actually stated the change of Vmca from 80mph to 90mph like the AFM has for the Vne change of 230mph to 215mph. But like I said above, other than on the amendments list itself a reference to Vmca doesn't exist in the AFM.