PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 2
Thread: SOUTHEND - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2008, 07:18
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HZ123

I assume that if you are given information on a confidential basis you don't shout it from the rooftops on a forum such as this. So, no, I won't be naming names.

Avioactive

You make a couple of valid points there.

As far as I know the 146 is granted a 'credit' of some 100m on its landing distance calculation at LCY, with its 5° glidepath compared to the 3.5° at SEN. Probably other types also benefit from this so, I agree, LCY and SEN LDAs cannot be compared directly.

As far as planning consent for any runway extension is concerned, potential purchasers will have to make their own judgement on its achievability. I cannot recall a time, however, when all parties were so supportive of SEN and there does seem to be a certain momentum behind the planned developments at present. Of course there can be many a slip between now and any planning application being lodged next Spring say.

In a worst case scenario there is always the possibility is just diverting Eastwoodbury Lane without any actual extension to the runway at all. That should give an increase of around 175m on LDA for 06, plus an considerable increase in TODA for 24 through elimination of the approach and initial climb obstacles respectively.

Certainly the next few months will prove interesting.

Last edited by Expressflight; 30th Jan 2008 at 16:29.