PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the EK FEB roster??
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2008, 05:49
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During the dark days of the Airbus "factoring", ULR flights were mixed with night turnarounds, leading eventually to a large increase in fatigue related illnesses. I thought the company had learnt their lesson that this was counter-productive in the long or even medium term, but it seems management here has a very short memory.
Management has a short memory because 5 years ago it was different managers. Anyone who has been here a while has seen the cycle a few times now. The company goes and does something stupid like this, it all falls to pieces, the Flight Ops Managers are sacked and then the cycle starts again. It's also interesting that they always seem to screw with things in the last half of the fiscal year. Managers cut their budgets, freeze capital spending and undertake a frantic dash to impress their bosses for the coming handout of bonuses.

Of course I could be wrong. Everything is just fine and we just don't know how good we have it. It will all be better when us whingers just leave.

(Hey, I made the century mark. Do I qualify for a Golden 411 award?)