PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 30th Jan 2008, 04:41
dj_candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The schedules for Feb are no different than the ones for March albeit a couple syd-mel/bne flights due to aircraft checks in CHC
KittyBlue - There may be minimal differences in the schedules but there are major differences in the rosters. Most of the red-eye flights have gone to the newly formed SYD base. A large number of BNE crew have rosters built on 2 sector return day trips - mostly operating only 1 of those sectors also. (I've got 10 of them)

Overnights will come and go. Crew are only guaranteed a base wage.
That was explained in no uncertain terms at the VRD I attended, and I wholeheartadly support the comment, but any change needs to be communicated and equitable. The people commenting on their rosters haven't lost 1 or 2 overnights per month - many of us have lost 6 - 10. If ALL crew had their overnights reduced by a similar amount (raw number or percentage) then it would be equitable. To print off a roster with 0 (zero)overnights and sign-ons before 0700 every day of the month whilst the person next door prints off a roster with 12 overnights and midday or later sign-on's is not confidence or morale boosting.

The argument that there are crew wanting rosters like that has been used, and I agree that there are, however no-one advised that there would be rosters of this type built - and no option was provided to nominate yourself for a roster like that.

Chances are those who got one overnight this Feb will get 8 next month
That is the hope and prayer of those that got minimal overnights. Are you suggesting tho, that it's a random/cyclic thing? a software glitch? a new fairness distribution? or just some astrological alignment that will adjust things? Here's a suggestion to check the 'tolerance' of all the crew population - next month the overnight distribution should be inverted - take the number each crew member got this month from the common 10/11 overnights, and build a roster with that many for them next month.

Off on a slight tangent now...

KRONOS promises to give us the bids that we want - so we are encouraged to bid for what we want. To this end, I'd like to see the 'Specific Flight' bid option modified to only show flights that will actually be available to the person bidding for it. This month I wasted my points bidding for a flight that has always been, but for February wasn't even given to BNE crew