PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair: - First Officer Direct Course
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2008, 15:11
jb2_86_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabair: - First Officer Direct Course

Firstly, apologies if a similar thread exists elsewhere but I have done a search and couldnt find anything....

I have recently been accpeted onto the above mentioned course with Cabair College of Aviation Training in Bedford. Providing I get my class 1 medical and financial support sorted, I am on my way towards my dream job of being a commercial pilot.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who has expericned the Cabair program or who know people who have? I was rejected at stage three with CTC last year. I have found the selection processes of CTC and Cabair to be like chalk & cheese! CTC seemed a very long and drawn out process (involving several day-trips from Sheffield to Bournemouth) whereas the Cabair selection day all happened in one day.

I know CTC have the agreement with the airlines to pay off course fees for the pilot upon employment, and for this reason, I appreciate how they can be pickey about candidates. I am just almost worried about the quality of training or job prospects I can expect as student with Cabair. I keep telling myself I am sure everything is fine, if it wasnt they would have gone out of business a long time ago. I am just paranoid!

If anyone can shed any light on this matter for me it would be greatly appreciated!

John