PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new President and GC - what then? Negotiation, contract compliance,more industrial?
Old 29th Jan 2008, 13:52
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mini cooper,
my calculations have 10 years in EK worth well over 30% more in after tax dollars without using ERP. ERP is like the CPALRS ( A scale provident fund) currency compensation....it is supposed to compensate you for changes in the present exchange rate versus what it was a few years ago. The EK ERP system is 'opaque' so we don't know what time period they are looking at. I do know the A scale prov fund compensation has been reducing...and obviously CX is ahead of the curve with B scales by offering no compensation for currency movements!

To the others that have asked me questions or attacked me....may I suggest you are attacking the man instead of the ball? If I could relive my life I would do many things differently....this thread was not about what NC coulda or shoulda done. This thread was about what do the members want to do about where we find our selves now!

Something I want to make clear...I have no doubts as to the integrity of the executive of the GC....far from it. Its just that I think the direction they want to go in is very different to the direction the membership wants to go in. I personally think the best way forward is to wait until the normal annual changeover of GC members and then change direction. But I started this thread as many people advised me that the best way forward is to take action now. I can assure you I have no aspirations for AOA leadership...it is a thankless job normally undertaken by those with incredible self sacrifice. I have worked for 3 different presidents and I have admired them all!

I like reading the 'managements' posts as it reminds me of what I am afraid of....I am afraid of not getting my next months salary and meeting my commitments to my ex wife, the banks, bill payments etc. But then it makes me aware of the yoke I have placed over my own shoulders and how my happiness is not actually dependent on my next month's salary....I am responsible for my happiness, CX just contributes to my cash flow.