PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Unionization
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2008, 09:00
Digitalis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flintstone
My initial reaction to the banner was initially one of disgust (at Ryanair) then disappointment (at Danny et al). Then I gave it some thought.

1. There is a certain irony in O'Leary paying toward a site that is used, at least in part, to organise his crew into a union. That appeals to me, perhaps I'm warped.

2. Perhaps there's more to this than meets the eye? Maybe the banner was allowed in the hope that it would galvanise Ryanair crew into doing something about it? If this is the case I'd say the short term irritation is far outweighed by the long term benefits.

3. I've been around PPRuNe for a while now and though I don't know Danny personally I very much doubt he and his helper monkeys allowed the ad to run purely for the few measly quid they would have been paid for it. I'm sure 'someone' would have weighed up the potential damage to the site from any backlash. If money were the main concern I'd say letting the ad run would be a huge risk.

On reflection I'm inclined to think there's more to it than simply accepting revenue from an advertiser although the ultra-cynical part of me is whispering "But what if they let the ad run knowing it would generate debate and more hits on the site?". Damn my overactive imagination
Absolutely! Ryanair get a serious mangling by pilots on this website and they pay for it! And if the ad fires you guys up enough to listen to people like BottyTotty above, you might actually get off your arses and do something about the situation you've made so much noise about over the last few years.

Ryanair will continue to screw you into the ground unless YOU do something about it. Your call.