PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF SOs now operating as Flight Attendants
Old 29th Jan 2008, 07:31
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps, Kremin, but I've read the FSO more than once, and it is not exactly the most well thought out thing I've ever laid eyes on.

It applies to ALL crew. Not just S/Os. If you're an F/O or Captain operating as a 3rd crewmember, guess what? The policy could apply to you! The policy also applies to all mainline types. How the heck can that work? When did we start using 3 pilot crews on the 737? Also, where does this leave an S/O, for example, in the chain of command? One minute he's answering to the CSM and obeying his directives - the next minute he's directing the CSM what to do by delegation of the Captain or as the third in command! How are some going to take that ("no, you're L4 primary, I'm giving the orders here!"). And what exactly are "exceptional circumstances". In my experience, "exceptional circumstances" are invoked virtually every time a flight is threatened with a delay or cannot be crewed for whatever reason.

To be honest, it really is a crock (the way it's written). Very poorly thought out - just as I'd expect. Nor could I envisage any captain I've flown with in recent times agreeing to it, apart perhaps from the very small minority who are eagerly climbing the management ladder.