PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm selling my business to start flying
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2008, 07:27
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys.

It would be great to keep my business and go for training but the problem is that my business is based in West Africa and I will train in Canada. I cannot leave ONE hour the office even when I'm ill and have malaria because I have nobody I trust enough to run things when I'm not here.

I am a IT Technician, Network Administrator, Comptia, Cisco and Microsoft Certified. My business is selling, installing, servicing IT products and solutions.

Business is difficult in any developped country, but it's even more difficult here in West Africa. Too much corruption, lack of knowdledge, racism, sabotage, no justice, lack of professionalism. I'm making good money, but money cannot buy my tranquility.

For those who remember me, this is what I had planned 2 years ago. Run that business for 2 years and see. Check my threads:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217317

Even If I fail as a pilot, I will go back to Canada and find a IT job or open a business there.

The good thing about those last 2 years is the superb life experience, I had to deal with extremely hard situations, and also I've found my wife and she is extremely entousiastic about my plans.

I plan to leave the country on April.