PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too young for integrated?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 22:42
deltauniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too young for integrated?

Hello all. Hope to get some thoughts off you.

I'm seriously considering an integrated course at Jerez or Oxford and one of the main things Im concerned about is my age. I will be 19 if I begin a course this year, and Im wondering if there are many students under 20 that are on these courses? Furthermore, at the end of training, are airlines known to show a bias towards "older" candidates over younger candidates? I know its probably a maturity thing, but have a suspicion some airlines frown on young candidates.

I would hope it would make no difference to the instructors on the course, but is there any frowning upon over younger students, or by other students themselves?

Also, are there many Irish pilots who choose these integrated courses around my age?

Finally, Ive been browsing through the FTE and OAT threads, but am still a bit unclear about the financial support they offer. Do they help you get a loan from the likes of your local branch by helping you with the likes of a business plan, or do they only support your fundraising if you go to their partnered banks?

I know the regulars here will probably frown upon this thread as the questions have been asked so many times, but I would appreciate some genuine feedback.

Thanks in advance,

DU.