PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Informal heli nights UK (including arrangements)
Old 28th Jan 2008, 19:17
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The idea is that it's a Rotorheads evening. Yes we will put the dates on here and venue so if anyone wants to come along they can, but my initial plan was more helicopter biased if possible. That would include any plank drivers with an interest in rotary and also atc'ers would be most welcome. Sometimes I feel ATC would have a great deal to say, and ask, about rotary too.

I am working on a provisional date for Newcastle, most likely at Newcastle Airport (Wings Bar, beside Flying Club)and see how it goes. Whether it's to be a regular event every couple of months or so, I don't know yet, but I guess that'll be up to those who wish to attend.
Suppose I just need to get people to PM me their names/pprune handles, and let me know if they're available for a Newcastle based rotorheads/interested parties meeting and depending on what night is best, we'll work to it. Looking at week 16th-24th Feb at minute?
Any points/ideas/safety issues/accidents etc you'd like to discuss, let me know and myself and VeeAny's plan is to have some sort of text which can be open to discussion if the Unstable Introverts that we all are, fail to talk to one another. As if!!! Again, all to be very laid back and more of a night out than a serious discussion.

I would also like to ask if anyone would like to take charge of a meeting in their area and co-ordinate that. (Whirlygig??) I think myself and VeeAny are going to try and get to as many as possible. Any excuse for a few beers away from home! Let me know.

Posted before I saw Paco had made his offer. How about Paco thinking of somewhere near Wycombe etc (the bar at airfield at Booker?) and people could poss PM him their name/dates free, etc?? Cheers Phil

Last edited by helimutt; 28th Jan 2008 at 20:28. Reason: because I hadn't read Pacos post and i've modified the Newcastle dates somwhat!