PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 18:19
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windforce - are you a working FAA licenced pilot. If so, you may want to ensure that your colleagues are brought up to speed on this back door method that the authorities are using to restrict foreign registered aircraft operating in the EU. They failed in restricting the aircraft so now they go for the licences.

Corporate Aviation has an equivalent of BALPA so they should be told about the proposals.

A bit of good news is that AOPA are intending to take on the authorities (CAA / EASA) under human rights legislation as it is proposed to do away with the UK CAA issued BCPL which is not a JAA licence and will have no equivalent under EASA. Therefore, anyone wishing to change to an EASA CPL may have a rough road to travel down to get one and this may be outside the means of some who will then lose their licence and their jobs, clearly in contravention of existing EU law.

I raised this issue with Dr Evans as I am in the same position. No deviation for CVD = No medical = No CPL/FI = No job = Loss of income. Her reply? What do you reckon?

Therefore, I have written to AOPA to bring our issue under the same umbrella as the BCPL and I also intend to bring my MP into the fold. Come on troops, we need to bring pressure to bear. Parliament is now involved in the IMCR debacle so why shouldn't they get involved here. Anyone know or fly with Lembit Opik or any flying celebrities who know what crap this issue is? Get your pens out and start writing.