PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 28th Jan 2008, 16:37
spoon82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy References!!

This really does make me laugh....

Just had an email from BA saying that they are trying to get in touch with one of my references. The place where I worked (back in 2000) has been sold and the company no longer exists, so I provided them with my manager at the time´s personal contact details.
They sent me an email saying that he gave me a reference but he no longer works there, so I need to send them the telephone number of the company???? My ex-manager told me he clearly explained to them the company no longer exists.....so how on earth do I supply them with a contact telephone number.......???

..it gets better, they then say that I should chase up another reference as they dont speak english...Im sorry but whoever said it was an obligation to speak English in Spain???? Surely BA must understand that we dont all live and work in the UK and if they need references from other countries then find people that speak other languages to work in recruitment. My references will be in Spanish because guess what........this is Spain.

Is this how BA works??