PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting started questions
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 14:06
arpansingla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can check the eyesight requirements for the Class One medical on this link:

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?ca...pe=68&gid=1250

If you decide to go and do a PPL in the States, you will then need to get your CPL/IR. There are many training organisations available here or in the States to do this. This is known as the modular route.

Alternatively you can go for an integrated course (do a search) which takes you from 0 hours to being able to apply for a job. You'll be looking to spend about £60-£70k if you go down this route.

If you're not sure where to train there is something called the FLYER exhibition at Heathrow where all the training organisations exhibit and you can ask questions and get a feel for them.

There are no real sponsorships at the moment, with CTC you are bonded for 7 years on a reduced salary. There are schemes around which give conditional offers of employment i.e BA Citiflyer, Excel, First Choice etc. The Flybe scheme is the closest to a sponsorship (contribute about £20000 I think)

I have to agree with pic, you have to make sure you really want it before you spend all that cash its a very costly profession to get into...