PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF SOs now operating as Flight Attendants
Old 28th Jan 2008, 11:14
QFcaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"How often are exceptional circumstances going to crop up???????????"

That totally defeats the point.
It should never ever come to that and it shouldn't even come up as an idea.The Pilots are there to do their job, it is what they are employed as and it is the job/career they chose to do and not anything else.If this starts happening at all, doesn't matter if it's once a month or once every 2years.It will eventually become the norm and it will be an accepted part of the job which is totally degrading.I don't think I have to specify the point here when I'm sure it's quite clear but you as Captains should be trying to better things for the younger generation and try and improve the moral and make it a better respected proffession.Just because you may be retiring in 2years, shouldn't excuse you from taking any action.You know that you would've wanted the same thngs being done for you if you were a Pilot that was just coming up and had a long and hopefully bright future ahead of them.Actions should be taken and not "having a laugh in the cockpit when the report comes in" and laughing down onto the S/O.You were once a S/O yourself, back your proffession.Demand respect.If ever this is the time now to demand your respect as a Pilot and act!don't just say someone else will do it anyway, because they probaby won't, Their Pilots for goods sake.Do something.

This just makes me and