PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overstretch
Thread: Overstretch
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 11:02
mutleyfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonicko

If I were a betting man I would bet on the following:

Bad news seems abundant in the present Labour party and any diluting of anything bad must be given priority. Assuming that the MoD is suffering from over stretch, compounded by lack of funding, which in turn is leading to great swathes of men and women leaving the Armed Forces I am sure that new Labour would wish to mix 1 part truth with 99 parts water.

Lets add further thought to the great Muttley pot of monday morning Dribble and consider how on earth any great financial changes are to be made to encourage anyone to stay, without damaging further, the Governments poor relationship with the rest of the public sector?

One way would be to slowly turn up the release of information flow about the necessity to retain our present manning levels as well as the need to recruit heavily by placing financial reward over and above the national inflation rate.

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree and New Labour's spin doctors could be trying there very hardest to stop dead in its tracks any further bad news toward the MoD by getting MoD top brass to issue statements that contradict the Select Comittee's findings, whilst at the same time pressurising the AFPRB to keep any pay inreases below the 2% mark.

Only time will tell!