PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2008, 10:18
ShinjukuHustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry Potty

Riakar,

I like the idea of a book about Rak Airways; I think a lot of people could contribute a lot of interesting, funny and sad anecdotes to this work of ‘real life fiction’.

I myself learned a lot from my experiences there.

Aspiring airlines could learn a lot from it too, existing airlines would get a good laugh from it and students of aviation would get a great insight into how NOT to start an airline.

It should be called Harry Potty and the Goblet of

JK Rowling would have been hard pressed to create these characters. Here are just a few of them…The Emperor/Sheikh/King, whatever. The megalomaniac toilet mogul, the pakistanian title junky who held several directorships, his mini me and his minnier me, the idiot formerly know as one of their many CEO’s who hired his ‘just out of her teens’ girlfriend, the Travel agent who bought an aircraft without seeing it. The super sexy Iranians (personally I liked them). The pilots who rarely flew (great guys) the 2 ‘real’ Hawker boys who were dead ringers for Tattoo and Mr. Roarke from ‘Fantasy Island’
The Keralan Nigel Mansells that could go from RKT – DXB in 30mins, the tea-boy who made the tea n coffee with camel’s milk, all 73 flight ops directors, the multiple paint job 757, the Ilyushin crews who loaded up their 76’s with cases of Johnny Black for ballast, the Norwegian beer monkeys, the Chinese cannibals and one ‘sound as a Scottish pound’ Scotsman. Put them all living in the same hotel and what an adventure!

If you told someone they wouldn’t believe you!

Hustle on…