PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS EGLL hiring foreign ATCOs?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 22:33
Data Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One for CATC to come up with..a NATS version of an "experienced controller program".
I agree - in theory..... Look at other threads to see the shortage of people at CATC. Bear in mind that a lot of time and effort would have to be expended not only to design the course/programme but crucially to get it approved by the CAA. Anyone who has tried to get anything approved by the CAA knows how long it can take Can NATS justify the time and effort ? When it would detract from getting the existing ab-initios through, probably not unfortunately. CAP 744 rules OK.....

A bit insulting really to ask someone who may have been doing the job for 10 years plus to go back to school and do a basic approach or area course.
Some years ago, I attempted to go from Airport to Area having at that time been a valid NATS Airport Approach/Radar & Tower ATCO for 19 years (and holding at that time an Area Radar (Aerodromes) Rating). Guess what? They were adamant that I did the basic Radar Skills course first - told them where to shove that! total insult

DD