PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter from AIPA to Jet* Pilots
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 22:31
genex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So....we are all trained to have good Situational Awareness. Let's see....on this very thread the CX pilots announced that they had been royally done over by their management. And in a similar way AIPA was unilaterally rolled by GD.

But you'd both like the JQ drivers to go for a "Third Time Lucky" approach which will ensure you guys, the Heritage drivers.....get the vicarious pleasure of pushing for someone else (they are not in your union, they are despised by your members and in a completely different business) fto take some form of action (which to win hands down could end in a strike) in which you pay no price, and take no risk. And the "Hard working" Heritage drivers get all the best jobs whatever happens.

Hmmmmmm.....I must be missing something. Or maybe not. I think I'm going to have to buy shares in Tiger, Virgin, Singapore, Lion and Emirates. The true winners if JQ pilots vote to join the past. A few years before deregulation hit Australia the Heritage drivers left the AFAP to ensure they could go it alone. Well please do so. I think most of the rest of Australia would rather have the jobs than stand at the airport fence watching the white gloved and silk scarfed Heritage drivers give a regal wave as they taxi past.