PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Harrogate, UK: January 2008
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 21:40
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kwachon...you quote me .......One, calling himself Nigel H, wrote: "Gazelle just delivered today. Sounds like he couldn't resist having a play later on. I would not have been up there today.
I believe it was just delivered. I did say "sounds like " due to the fact that there are other methods of transport and it had been left by a professional just hours before and been tied down for the night ....as i am told.
I repeat that i would not have wanted to fly that day in a squirrel which has similar performance . Even today, with less wind, the turbulence flying near to that area was extreme at times to the extent that i called leeds atc to warn other pilots. I am not saying that the wind WAS a factor but what i am saying is that he should have shut down for the night OR kept his safety pilot for that last fateful flight.
As pointed out before , this is a rumour network ....are you saying we should effectively be closed down due to the possibility of press reading ?? With the initiative of the safety meetings maybe something positive could come out of this dreadful thing.