PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2008, 20:47
A320fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whilst I too am a fan of LBA I find your diversion facts interesting and surprising to say the least. I wonder how many pax were put out by these diverts both in and out of LBA. Given Jet2s 757s are not CAT3 I would guess these feature quite heavily in the divs out whilst a lot of inbound divs will be smaller things like KLM F70/100 from HUY and FlyBe Dash 8s from DSA.
Yeah you are about spot on there, most of the ones we have lost were Jet2 757s,737s a few Ryanairs etc whereas the inbound diverts were mainly J41's/DH8's etc so pax wise we most likely have lost more than we gained but it proves the point that our humble little airport isnt all bad

I was having a good chat with a mate a few minutes ago about Ryanair and the potential northern base and yet again we came to the conclusion that they all have a chance but we think LBA may be more likely. We all must remember that a major target for Bridgepoint was to get pax figures up to 7 million by 2015, which im sorry to say cannot be done just by Jet2. So to meet this target we need continious growth, and this can only really come from either:

- The Charter Market ie Thomas Cook/Thomson decide to bump up their offering with either another Aircraft bases or more sub chartering
- We get Long Haul to somewhere like NYC/ATL with a US carrier or DXB with EK
- A large well known Loco opens a base at LBA and serves destinations with potential but are not served by Jet2 (cough cough Ryanair)

Now we all know which is the most likely ...... fingers X'd!

Oh, whooppee doo. Let's hang the bunting out and have a morris dance.

LBA lost 49 flights from their airport. One airport, right?

LBA attracted 55 inbound diverts from 6 airports over the same period, am I right?

Ergo, whilst LBA waved bye bye to 49 flights, the average number of diverts to LBA per airport as mentioned by you was just 9.1

Thank God LBA don't have you on their marketing team, because your ability to positively spin could have come straight out of Downing Street.
I was proving the point that we get inbound diverts aswell as outbound diverts, as on here only BAD things are said about LBA, I thought i'd just let people know we do have GOOD things happen to us! Yes we had an average on 9.1 flights per airport, but they don't all come to LBA do they! LBA lost 49 flights to LPL,MME,MAN,DSA,NCL,HUY and EMA so divide 49 by 7 and guess what .... it is 7! So on average we still had more diverts per airport to us than from us!!!

....... jees im glad you arn't on the marketing team for one of those airports ........

At the end of the day my aim was to highlight that we do get inbounds aswell, which is often overlooked! Well thats my 'rant' over, i'm go shut up now until Ryanair make a decision.

Last edited by A320fan; 27th Jan 2008 at 21:01.